Here's what we believe at GBC:
1. That the Holy Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is of final and supreme authority in faith
and life, and being inspired by God, is inerrant in the original writings.
(Hebrews 4:12; John 17:17; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21)
2. In God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; this Trinity being one God, eternally existing in
(Genesis 1:26; II Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19)
3. In the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, that He was born of the virgin Mary and begotten of the Holy Spirit.
(Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25)
4. The origin of mankind was by decree of God in the act of creation as related in the book of Genesis; that mankind was
created in the image of God immutably male and female; that marriage of one man and one woman is the one God-
ordained relationship for sexual activity.
(Genesis 1:26-27; 2:24; Matthew 19:5; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 6:9-11; Ephesians 2:1-3; Hebrews 13:4)
5. The sin of Adam and Eve incurred physical and spiritual death, so that all human beings have an inherent sinful nature
and are in need of a Savior for their reconciliation to God.
(Genesis 3:1-21; Romans 5:12; II Corinthians 5:21; Psalm 51:5)
6. The Lord Jesus Christ is the only Savior, that He was crucified for our sins as a voluntary representative and
substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified eternally on the grounds of His shed blood.
(Romans 3:24-26; Romans 5:8; Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:8-10)
7. In the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His personal return to receive the
saints, to set up his kingdom on earth, and ultimately to establish His eternal reign in the new heaven and the new earth.
(John 20:1-29; Acts 1:9-11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:11-14)
8. In the bodily resurrection of all persons, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting
(I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:5-15)
9. The universal Church is an organism composed of all who have received Christ as Savior and consequently have been
baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body, that the local church is an organization composed of believers united for
worship, instruction, fellowship, missionary endeavor, and service to God and one another.
(Matthew 16:16-18; Acts 2:42-47; I Corinthians 12:12-27; Ephesians 4:3-10)
10. God the Holy Spirit baptizes the believer into the body of Christ and indwells him completely at conversion. As the
believer's heart is yielded to the Holy Spirit, the believer's life increasingly evidences the fruit of the Spirit.
(I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 5:18; Galatians 5:22-23)
11. The Lord's Supper is a symbolic ordinance commemorating Christ's death and should be open to all believers who are
living in fellowship with Christ.
(Luke 22:19-20; I Corinthians 11:20-34)
12. Water baptism is an ordinance for the believer, symbolic of the believer's identification with Christ in His death, burial
and resurrection, and with His Church, the body of Christ.
(Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:43-48; Romans 6:3-4)
13. Believers are to passionately pursue holiness and to purposefully abstain from sinful practices.
(Romans 12:1-2; II Corinthians 6:14-18; I Peter 1:14-16)
14. Believers are to confess Christ before others by their words and their consistent godly living.
(Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19-20; Colossians 4:5-6; I Peter 3:15)